I was in the mood for scones tonight and found this recipe on KingArtherFlour.com. I’ve slightly adapted it below based on what I had on hand. These scones were a perfect consistency and tasted heavenly fresh out of the oven with a little butter. Enjoy!
1 3/4 cups gluten-free multi-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter (unsalted)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1/3 cup cold sour milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet.
2) Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
3) Work in the cold butter till the mixture is crumbly.
4) Whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla ’til frothy.
5) Add to the dry ingredients, stirring till well blended. The dough should be cohesive and very sticky.
6) Stir in the chocolate chips.
7) Drop dough by the 1/3-cupful onto the baking sheet. Let the scones rest for 15 minutes.
8) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes or so before serving.