A few more things I’m learning or observing here…
- If you put ice cubes in your glass of water and leave the room for a minute, they’ll probably be almost gone when you come back.
- In-N-Out is overrated, in our very humble opinions. But Chick-Fil-A does not disappoint!
- People don’t observe the “take turns” law at four-way stops. Fortunately I’m a natural-born aggressive driver, so it works out…ain’t nobody going on my turn! ;)
- There’s no foyer at church because apparently about 50/52 Sundays of the year, everyone can mingle and fellowship outside, with no thought of rain.
- The incredibly obnoxious bell that starts around 9:00 PM outside our complex and rings several times a minute for 10 minutes is not a fire alarm, it is, in fact, an ice cream truck.
- Even though it’s in the 90’s outside, you’d better be prepared to have a sweater for indoor events. Our church feels like it’s 40 degrees during the services. Scratch the sweater, I needed a parka last weekend! I worshiped with goosebumps all morning. Maybe I just came off super moved by the sermon.
- There’s really no point in checking the weather forecast. You can pretty much bet it will say “Sunny”. Or if it’s over 95 degrees, it will simply say, “Hot” with a scary picture of really orange sun.
Yep, this is not Bellingham…that’s for sure.