It is still in the 80’s and 90’s here in northern Los Angeles. But that doesn’t keep fall from happening in our apartment. All I have to do is light a candle and start mixing pumpkin bread, and it almost feels like back home…minus the fact that I’m wearing shorts and a tank top. This recipe was delicious and moist! I adapted it from here, but changed a number of things so here’s my version. Happy fall!
Did you know you can get a variety of gluten free flour blends here?
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
2 cups gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill blend)
1 teaspoon xanthum gum
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees, and lightly grease a bread pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Add vanilla and pumpkin and mix until well-blended.
3. Add remaining dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and mix well until combined.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
5. Pour into prepared bread pan and bake for an hour and fifteen minutes to hour-and-a-half, or until knife comes out clean.