Have you ever had an apple tasting? It’s something my mom did with us kids every so often when I was growing up. About a week ago, I had some of my Bible study friends over for an Anne of Green Gables with Apple Tasting Party. We watched the first Anne of Green Gables movie, ate hot soup and toast, did a lot of laughing and chatting, and competed in apple tasting.
How to Host an Apple Tasting Party
- Buy a variety of apples. I bought Macintosh, Gala, Red Rome, Fuji, Honeycrisp, Jonagold, and Braeburn.
- Cut the apples up into small slices and put each variety in a numbered bowl.
- Display randomly-ordered list of the varieties of apples you’ve chosen so everyone knows what to guess from.
- Provide a pen and paper to contestants.
- Have everyone taste the apples and write down which variety they think each number is.
- Winner gets a prize.
It’s simple but really fun and it’s also handy way to determine your favorite kind of apple. My favorite is honeycrisp. =)