I knew I was a mom when…
- I suddenly enjoyed being up almost every morning by 6 AM.
- I nearly cried when my baby outgrew his newborn clothes.
- I found myself brushing my hair for the first time that day while walking into a doctor appointment.
- I got to board the airplane ahead of “normal” people.
- My nice sweater got spit up on while in public and I didn’t even care.
- When remembering the worst pain of my life, I knew I would do it all again in a heartbeat for my little man.
- I had to start emptying my phone’s storage regularly due to photo overload.
- I stopped using an alarm clock and started waking to my baby’s hunger cues instead.
- Just making the bed made me feel proud.
- I qualified for the carpool lane without having someone ride shotgun.
- I found myself thinking, “the days are going by too fast” just a few days after Caleb’s birth.
- I stared at a sleeping baby for hours without getting bored.
- A humorous yet sentimental three-minute YouTube video about motherhood made me cry.
- I lost my hairbrush and my mother-in-law found it in a Pampers diaper box.
- I found myself watching movies of my baby while holding him.
- A solo trip to the laundromat sounded like a relaxing little “outing”.
- I went all day desperately needing and wanting a shower but never got one.
Likely to be continued…